How to Add Airtable as Data Output
Airtable is a spreadsheet-database hybrid, with the features of a database but applied to a spreadsheet. The fields in an Airtable table are similar to cells in a spreadsheet, but have types such as 'checkbox', 'phone number', and 'drop-down list', and can reference file attachments like images.
- Go to your Airtable account and add a Workspace
- Add a Base to your Workspace
- Name your Table and your Columns (snake_case recommended)
- Go to your Base
- Click on Help on the top right corner of Airtable's site
- Go to "API documentation"
- Get your Base ID, you'll need it for the next step!
You can also find your Base ID as part of the URL of your workspace, it's the part that starts with "app...."
- On the Left Sidebar of the builder, go to the "All" Tab
- Create a new Data Output, on the Data Outputs section, at the bottom of the tab
- This will open the Options Tab on the Right Sidebar
- Choose "Airtable" from the Output Selector
- Check the "Manual Trigger Only" box below the selector
- You can check the "Use Mappings" box if you need the names of the columns to be different from the keys on the builder.
- Checking the "Exclude Unmapped Keys" box is recommended if you use mappings
- Copy and paste your Base ID (the one you saved earlier) and the name of your Table
- Map the keys to their corresponding column names on the Airtable Table
- Go to integrations on the Navigation Bar, to the left of the builder
- Install the Airtable integration, follow instructions to get your API key